Verve 3 Disc Lowstep is an easy-riding hybrid bike designed for comfort on roads, paths, and city streets. The highest-end model in the Verve family features a lowstep frame for easy mounting and dismounting, an upgraded drivetrain, disc brakes that provide all-weather stopping power, and vibration-reducing handlebars and grips that make your ride even more comfortable.
It's right for you if...
You want a bike that will take you wherever you want to go, and keep you comfortable on every ride. You're interested in trying some longer rides for fitness or commuting and want dependable parts and an overall ride quality that makes you smile every time you hop on the saddle.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame with a lowstep design that's especially easy to mount and dismount, a wide-range Shimano 18-speed drivetrain, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, wide 45c puncture-resistant tires for extra confidence and stability, a road-smoothing suspension seatpost, and IsoZone handlebar and grips that absorb bumps from the road.
The final word
The top-shelf model in the Verve family is fast and comfortable. It has a wide range of gearing for whatever climbs you encounter on your ride, disc brakes that stop in any weather, and it's equipped with design details that keep you comfortable as you advance to longer fitness rides and commutes.
Why you'll love it
- The lowstep frame design makes it easy to hop on and go, and hop off when your ride is over
- Verve's upright geometry puts you in the perfect position to see the world around you
- This bike brings people together—attach a trailer and tow your kids, meet up with friends to cruise the bike path, or commute to the office with coworkers
- Disc brakes perform well in any weather, let you slow down or stop faster, and require less effort to activate than rim brakes
- This hybrid combines great comfort features with an upgraded road bike-style drivetrain that's lighter and better geared for performance
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminum, low-step design, DuoTrap S compatible, disc brake, rack & fender mounts, 135x5mm QR|
|Fork||Alloy, disc, rack mounts, 415mm axle-to-crown, ThruSkew 5mm QR|
|Headset||1-1/8'' threadless, semi-integrated, semi-cartridge bearings|
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Tubeless Ready Disc, 32-hole, presta valve|
Front: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt
Rear: Formula DC-22, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub
|Tires||Bontrager H5 Hard-Case Ultimate, wire bead, 60 tpi, 700 x 45c|
|Crankset||Shimano MT210, chainguard|
|Chain||KMC X9, 9 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano T3000, 34.9mm clamp, top swing, dual pull|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Acera M3000, Shadow design, long cage|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano HG200, 11-36, 9 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera M3000, 9 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager IsoZone alloy, 31.8mm, comfort sweep|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager Satellite IsoZone Plus, lock-on, ergonomic|
|Stem||Bontrager adjustable, Blendr compatible|
|Brakes||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc, post mount, 160mm rotor|
|Pedals||Bontrager Satellite City pedal|
|Seat Post||Alloy, adjustable suspension, 27.2mm, 300mm length|
* Subject to change without notice.